A lot of people have been asking me lately about the upcoming book, Professional Ajax, and what it will cover. Well, here’s a brief outline of the chapters:
- What is Ajax? – Background of Ajaxand its rise to prominence.
- Ajax Basics – How to use XMLHttp, hidden frames, and more.
- Ajax Patterns – Design patterns using Ajax, inspired by Ajax Patterns.
- XML, XPath, and XSL – Information about XML and its related technologies and their uses in Ajax.
- Syndication with RSS and Atom – Explores building an Ajax news aggregator.
- Web Services – How to use Web services within Ajax applications.
- JSON – Introduces JSON as an alternative to using XML for data transmission in Ajax solutions.
- Web Site Widgets – Learn how to develop simple Ajax widgets that can be dropped into any Web site.
- AjaxMail – Walks you through the creation of an Ajax Web-based e-mail system.
- Ajax Frameworks – Covers Ajax frameworks for PHP, .NET, and JSP.
The book will cover server-side solutions in both PHP and .NET, with a little bit of JSP thrown into the mix towards the end.